Terrible Posture Games
Based in Boston Suburbs
March 4th 2014
DescriptionAscend the Tower of Guns and return to the days of circle-strafing, rocket-jumping, and twitch-based action. Tower of Guns is a throwback first-person shooter with a healthy sprinkling of roguelike-ish-y elements. Every turn brings a surprise and around every corner lies certain death! Or a new weird item! Or a ...Hugbot? Filled with random levels, crazy bosses, bizzare powerups, and tons of unlockable weapons and items, each time you step into the Tower of Guns you'll have a fresh gaming experience.
Tower of Guns is being developed by Terrible Posture Games (AKA, Joe Mirabello). Joe started out as an game artist working on such games as Titan Quest, Titan Quest Immortal Throne, and Kingdoms of Amalur, as well as occasionally helping out the occasional indie project. Along the way he picked up a lot of technical chops and has worn many, many, many different hats. After the last studio he worked for, 38 Studios, met with a very catastrophic demise, Joe decided that he wanted to explore working on his own games for a little while. Tower of Guns is his first solo endeavor.
- ALWAYS A FRESH EXPERIENCE: Random enemies, random powerups, random bosses, tons of unlockable items and weapons...even random-level compositing! You never know what to expect when you sit down in front of Tower of Guns.
- CRAZY POWERUPS: You've played first person shooters where you can double jump, but have you played any game where you can centuple-jump? You can in Tower of Guns, with the right items.
- GUN-MODIFYING MADNESS: A gun and its qualities aren't tied together in Tower of Guns. Do you like rocket launchers? You'll like them more if you're lucky enough to stumble upon a "Shotgun" modifier. A rocket-launching shotgun is very satisfying.
- SINGLE SITTING FULL EXPERIENCE: For all of those who have too many games (or too little time) this is a game you can pick up and play again and again, without remembering where you were or what you were up to. If you're gonna win, you're gonna be able to do it over your lunch break. That's a big if though... it won't be easy.
Launch Trailer: "Bullets Ahoy!" YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieCade 2013 E3 Showcase." Los Angeles, June 2013
- "Nominated "Best Indie Game" of E3 by Hardcore Gamer." Los Angeles, June 2013
- "Boston Festival of Indie Games: Digital Showcase" Boston, September 2013
- "It's 'Borderlands of Isaac', a roguish Quakelike delight""
- Adam Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "I declined the offer of a press copy because its a damn fun game...I figured [the developer] had earned my early-alpha entry free"
- James Cunningham, Hardcore Gamer
- "You can pick up the game and start enjoying yourself almost instantly...There's a purity of design at work that's rare in the first-person shooter genre today."
- Andrew Groen, Penny-Arcade
About Terrible Posture Games
Terrible Posture Games is essentially just a guy named Joe. He worked in the triple-A games industry for a nearly a decade before he decided no one else was going to make the crazy games he wanted to make. His brother Mike steps in to help out with music and the occasional sound effect and Joe's wife might as well be a producer, since she makes sure Joe's not wasting development time on things no one will ever care about.
More information on Terrible Posture Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Terrible Posture Games Credits
Joe Mirabello - press -at -terribleposture -dot- com
Music and some SFX support